MCMC presented an Urban Grassland Community Engagement Seminar on 18 September 2007. This was a component of the Northern Nature Creek Connections project funded by the Natural Heritage Trust. The outcomes of the seminar and further community engagement resources can be accessed here.
- Responses to the workshop component of the seminar (PDF 216 KB)
- Presentation by Ann Jessop: Delfin Lend Lease (PDF 2910 KB)
- Presentation by Brian Bainbridge: Merri Creek Management Committee (PDF 1664 KB)
- Bilingual Parks Guide Park Note (PDF 339KB)
- MCMC's grasslands community engagement activities evaluation report (PDF 1971KB)
- Link to Department of Sustainability and Environment (DSE) Effective Engagement Web Page
When planning events or programs we encourage you use the contact list (emailed to participants) to network with other participants and to consider engaging the services of a Bilingual Park Guide. These guides can be contacted through Parks Victoria 131963. The questions asked in the “Seminar Responses” document can be used to plan events, as can many of the ideas posted in the responses. Further community engagement information can be accessed through Scott Bonar’s book “The Conservation Professional’s Guide to working with People” (Island Press 2007) and the DSE website link below offers a comprehensive workbook as well as training courses.
The "Community Engagement in Urban Grasslands" was a component of the Northern Nature Creek Connections project funded by the Natural Heritage Trust. The venue and catering for the seminar were provided by Delfin Lend Lease.